I found this question on Quora today, so here are a couple of my favorite, non-touristy things to do in San Antonio:
- Stop by the lesser known Missions (amazing how many tourists/locals alike don’t see these missions) around town.
- Hike to the top of Eisenhower Park to get the view of downtown.
- Swim in San Pedro Springs pool (only in the summer months).
Love this article? Please support SA Flavor with our Kickstarter! Thanks San Antonio!
- See some of the masters in the McNay Art Museum (this might be borderline touristy, but it is one of the finer private-collections-turne
d-into-a-museum in town).
- Go to the in Alamo Heights (one of the must sees).
- Check out the cave off of Cave Road in Alamo Heights.
- Get chilaquiles at Thousand Oaks Cafe (at the original location on Thousand Oaks).
- Stop by the Gunter Hotel (where Robert Johnson recorded a blues album).
- Get some barbacoa and Big Red (anywhere on a Sunday morning – though I like Taqueria Datapoint)
- Chill on Main Plaza outside of San Fernando Cathedral (reading a book or running through the water fountains).