With weather like this, it is hard to slip into the winter doldrums. Be sure to soak up the sun and enjoy getting outside, maybe grabbing a margarita or two, after all when do you get patio weather in January? On to the Quick Bites!
- Now that Christmastime is officially over you don’t have to worry about fighting through lines at Tellez Tamales & Barbacoa anymore. Instead of having to show up at 5AM for tamales (like one of my friends did to get me a Christmas present!), you can stroll in around 10AM and get to choose from several different kinds. My favorite? The pork with jalapeño.
- Looking for a fruit or nut tree for your yard? Look no further than the Third Annual Jammin’ Jams tree adoption brought to you by the Alamo Forest Partnership. The City of San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department will adopt out 500 fruit and nut trees in an effort to promote food security, enhance canopy coverage, and diversify and beautify our community. Limit is one per household and the event starts at 9:00AM at the Pearl Brewery.
- This weekend is also the fourth San Antonio Neighborhood Instameet! Come out with fellow Instagram fans and explore the San Pedro Springs and San Antonio College area. People can meet up at 3:00PM at The Cove to grab a beer and meet each other before going out to take pictures. Afterwards, come back to The Cove for some burgers and fish tacos and check out all the photos. There are prizes for the best photos (including a gift certificate to The Cove); check out the San Antonio Instagram Meetup page for more information.
- Youth Orchestras of San Antonio (YOSA) has the Stop! And Feel The Music event this Saturday at 6:30PM. Enjoy an evening of food, drinks, a silent auction and music provided by YOSA young musicians while supporting a great organization. Tickets cost $35 per person and includes hors d’oeuvres and wine. In addition to the classics, expect to hear modern pop songs in string arrangements. Call Me Maybe anyone?
- This is the last weekend to take in Vincent Valdez’s ‘America’s Finest’ exhibition at The McNay Art Museum. Be sure to check out the SA Flavor post about the exhibition before you go; if the weather is still nice, consider taking a picnic lunch and enjoy the grounds of The McNay.
- Chef Jesse Perez’s wrote a love letter to San Antonio for the Huffington Post this past week. It seems that the charm of the Alamo City was part of wooing the local chef back home. Perez is schedule to open the Arcade Midtown Kitchen in mid February at The Pearl Brewery.