Congrats to Highland Hills Elementary for winning the Non-Profit category in the 2017 SA Flavor Fiesta Medal Contest!
We all know that Fiesta is the “party with a purpose” so we wanted to highlight some of the best non-profit fiesta medals out there! These medals have all the proceeds going towards a cause and showed off some of the causes that makes our city great (often in a creative way!)!
What is your favorite 2017 non-profit Fiesta Medal in our contest?
- Highland Hills Elementary Book (71%, 240 Votes)
- Edwards Aquifer Conservancy Salamander (15%, 52 Votes)
- San Antonio Museum of Art pARTy (8%, 28 Votes)
- Team Gabby HLHS Heart and Ladybug (5%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 337
- San Antonio Museum of Art—the medal was for their Art Party series where folks can enjoy a cocktail, live music and get information about an artist/artworks every second Friday.
- Edwards Aquifer Conservancy—we’ve heard about the recharge zone of the aquifer and water restrictions, so the group highlighted the Blind Salamander who lives there.
- Highland Hills Elementary—this school paid tribute to a former teacher, Gina Perales, who believed that “if you can read, you can learn.”
- Team Gabby HLHS—this medal is in honor of little Gabby who passed away due to HLHS, simply put as half a heart. All proceeds go to the American Heart Association for Pediatric Research.
There you have it! Your four non-profit medals in the SA Flavor medal contest! Voting goes through tonight, 4/24/2017 at midnight! VIVA!