It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas with overcast weather and traffic at the shops. I haven’t got all my Christmas shopping locked down, so I am going to be running around like a chicken with my head cut off with the rest of you… It has been quite a whirlwind since becoming engaged! I learned how difficult it is to coordinate venues and people. After feeling that we were never going to catch a break, there was a watershed moment this past week where everything started to work out. I’m looking forward to making a more detailed post on the planning, but until then, on to the Quick Bites!
- I had this ridiculous head cold that wouldn’t let go this past week. One thing that helped me get on the road to recovery was Carrabbas Chicken Noodle Soup. The freshly prepared soup was delicious and with pick up service you can call in your order and they’ll bring it out to your car. A special bonus is that they give you an entire loaf of their homemade bread accompanied with herbs and olive oil.
- This past week I was presented with an exciting opportunity, so my fiancé and I went to Rock San to celebrate. The dish of choice was the house Rock San curry which is made with peanut butter and has avocados in it as well. The curry is extremely spicy but is tempered by the creamy peanut butter sauce. My words are not doing it justice, so you’ll have to try it for yourself.
- There was also another celebration for a friend who graduated school last night, so of course we had to go out to Chachos to get King Kong Nachos! I was pleasantly surprised to also find that they now have a Jose Cuervo 1800 margarita which is quite strong. Dollar for dollar, you will get the most mileage out of a Chachos margarita.
- The Grand Cru is back at BJ’s Brewhouse and you need to go grab one before it isgone. Weighing in at 10% alcohol, you’ll only need a couple of these brews to get you all warm inside and feeling the Christmas spirit!
- Speaking of seasonal beers, my man Wes made a post on his blog about Some Holiday Beers That Bring a Little Cheer. If you are looking for some winter brews to compliment your Christmas and New Year’s parties, be sure to check his list, stock up, and send me an invite!