With the fireworks in Alamo Plaza last night, Fiesta is officially underway! Girls go grab your Fiesta crown and guys grab your sombreros, its that time to eat lots of fair food, drink tons of little cups of beer, and stay up late into the night partying with friends and family!
- The app I made for Fiesta was released today! It’s called Cascarone and if you have an iPhone or an iPad, be sure to download it and tell all your friends! Essentially you can make your own Cascarone and then crack it on your friend’s head!
- Tonight is Oyster Bake, the “unofficial” start to Fiesta. My favorite food to get out there is the fruit cup; don’t get it gringo style (read: plain ole fruit) but order it instead with lime juice and chili powder over the fruit. For a blast to the past, the Gin Blossoms play tonight.
- Taste of New Orleans is happening this weekend as well. Get out to the Sunken Garden Theatre and enjoy some jambalaya along with red beans and rice while listening to jazz.
- NIOSA (Night in Old San Antonio) kicks off this Tuesday, April 12 and runs to Friday, April 15. Get out to the celebration and enjoy all the different cultures that made San Antonio what it is today.
- Local blogger OhMyPuddin wrote a column on the SA Current on how to solve the conundrum of having only two hands and wanting to both eat and drink at Fiesta.
- Finally, if you are going to NIOSA or Oyster Bake, be sure to check out my Fiesta Foodspotting Guide for some of my favorite things to eat!