With this cold weather snap, many folks are exclaiming “Aye Dios Frio!” Hopefully you don’t have frozen pipes (like I do) and your water is flowing. Speaking of, can I borrow your shower?
- This past Saturday, one of my friends had what she dubbed “Buffet Day” — Luby’s Buffet for breakfast, Gatti’s Pizza Buffet for lunch, and Foga de Chao for dinner. This makes me hurt thinking about it. (Drop me a line if you put together your own version of buffet day.)
- With all this cold weather, you might want to get a cup of hot chocolate to warm you up. Get even warmer by topping it off with Whipped Lightning alcoholic whipped cream. You can stock up for about $10/can of this appx 24% alcoholic topping at Pig Liquors on South Presa.
- I went on the East Side of town for some Cajun food at the Big Easy Cafe. The food was good, but the prices are a little steep (appx $15 for lunch with a drink and tip).
- Looking for a nice dinner to take out your Valentine on February 14th? Check out this list of Valentine’s Dining Options on MySA and book your reservation before the get too full.
- I had a New Year’s Resolution of preparing one new meal each month. I attempted to prepare Jamie Oliver’s Honeycomb Cannelloni, and in typical fashion waited until the end of the month to do so. After hunting down ingredients at four different supermarkets (ironically enough, I still could not find the cannelloni pasta and had to use manicotti) on 1/30 and 1/31, the dish came out of the oven at 11:26PM. Post to come on this madness soon.