With the cold front rolling in, it finally feels a little more like autumn. Before darkness descends earlier in the evening, be sure to get outside and enjoy the sunshine and cool weather. You actually have a couple of opportunities to do this in the upcoming week! On to the Quick Bites!
- This weekend the Boardwalk on Bulverde is having an October Beer Fest dubbed #OctobeerFeast! The event is sponsored by Leinenkugel and will feature both trucks from Texas and food around the world (I really love the Pakistani food from the Rickshaw Stop)! There will be plenty of activities for children (moon bounce, rock climbing and swing sets) in addition to a live DJ. Festivities last until 11:00PM tonight through Sunday October 2nd.
- Síclovía is an outdoor event happening on Sunday, October 2nd from 10AM to 2PM where Broadway will be closed down from Parland Street to 6th Street. Folks are encouraged to bike, run, walk and play in the street. There will be plenty of activities, restrooms and water stations so get out and enjoy it!
- National Night Out is happening this Tuesday, October 4th and is a way for communities and neighborhoods to come together as one and make a stand against crime. Many Texas neighborhoods are having cookouts and block parties and it is a great way to get to know folks living around you.
- This is my last week doing the My Fit Foods 21 Day Challenge. While I am looking to cut back on the amount of times that I eat out (mainly fast food and breakfast tacos), I am excited to be able to eat out again. Look for a wrap up post about my experience at the end of the weekend.
- Finally, Arch West, the creator of Doritos, recently passed away at the age of 97. Arch’s daughter told the Associated Press that the family will be “tossing Doritos chips in before they put the dirt over the urn” at the close of the funeral this past Saturday.