I had planned this week to get a solid sleep each night, to start running again, and to begin to cook healthy. That went out the window when something got a hold of me Monday afternoon and still hasn’t quite let go; even as I write this I am still a little under the weather. I guess it’s true, the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. Now for the quick bites!
- While I have been there for drinks, I finally got to eat out at Spetch’s way out north on Blanco Road. I ordered the special of the day, Jäger-Schnitzel, which had a crispy chicken-fried crust and a delicious burgundy-mushroom sauce.
- If you like beer, good food and have a some money to spend, I would suggest checking out the Ranger Creek Beer Dinner at Lüke San Antonio this Monday, February 28th. They are offering a five course meal paired with five beers brewed at SA’s own “brewstillery” for $60/person. The beers include: South Texas Lager, Mesquite Smoked Porter, La Bestia Aimable, Oatmeal Pale Ale, and Belgian Witbier; check out the full menu here.
- For the kind of food related (but kind of not) article of the week, I stumbled upon the irreverent Food Network Humor the other day and couldn’t help but laugh! Possibly NSFW depending on where you work.
- The Honey BBQ Chicken Strip Sandwich is back at Whataburger! Possibly the best “limited time only” item ever invented; now I really have to start exercising so I can eat one of these.
- For the non-food story of the week, I was amazed at how Amazon took aim at Netflix by offering streaming video with their Amazon Prime subscription. If you are not familiar, for $79 you can get a two day shipping on all Amazon purchases by signing up for Amazon Prime; they sweetened the pot by offering online streaming of over 5,000 titles. This is almost too good of a deal for me not to pass up…