Thank goodness for the rain! In a summer with the temperatures soaring and river levels dropping, any amount of precipitation is a welcome site. Remember to adhere to your Stage 2 watering restrictions to help conserve water during this time, and also so you don’t get ticketed by the water police. On to the quick bites!
- I went to a going away party at Big’z Burger Joint the other night and got the special which consisted of the queso burger, fries, and a drink for $9. The burger was really big and juicy and the queso was top notch; to top it off, it was served with a jalapeño cheddar bun! The pickles were chunky and the fries were crispy without being greasy. Overall, a really great experience (and they had Shiner Bock and Shiner 102 for $1.99 a pint!).
- Looking for some fun this weekend? You might want to check out some of Austin’s best food trucks right up the road at a New Braunfels event at Vintage Oaks. Pro – you will get to eat some really good food for free. Con – there is no such thing as a free lunch; you will have to tour the properties they are selling. If you are in the market for a new house, it might be worth checking out.
- Rackspace had an event at their I-35 location yesterday with music by the Spazmatics and tons of food vendors. In addition to getting a Chicano Style Rockero from Rockerdogz, I ordered up a BBQ Brisket Frito Pie from Two Brothers BBQ and a chocolate peanut butter cupcake from Saweet Cupcakes. The brisket on the Frito Pie was delicious and I will have to make it out to West Avenue to get more of the BBQ in the near future.
- Next week there is going to be an awesome event at the San Antonio Hyatt Regency to benefit the San Antonio Food Bank on Tuesday June 28 from 5:30-7:30PM. Come out and enjoy complimentary self parking and $3 happy hour at the Q Bar as you raise awareness and money for the Food Bank. Hope to see you there!
- The San Antonio Film Festival is happening this weekend comes to a conclusion this weekend. Check out the schedule and if you have a chance stop by the Instituto Cultural de Mexico around 2PM on Sunday to see a zombie flick made by local filmmaker (and former roommate of San Antonio Joe) Aaron Evenson called A Hard Day’s Bite!