Fiesta is long over, the medals have been doled out, the cascarones have been cracked, and everyone is in recovery for the past week. So sad, but don’t fret, it will be back before you know it… Today is also Earth Day and there are some good deals out there that you can take advantage and help mother Earth out in the process.
- Lowes is giving away one million trees today; go plan one today!
- To cut down the amount of paper cups, bring in any reusable cup to Starbucks and they will fill it with coffee or tea for free today. Don’t have one? Save 20% on their reusable cups in store.
- Looking to get your organic food on? HEB and Central Market are having discounts on their Organic Agave Nectar (perfect for margaritas) and Organic Peanut Butter Dots Cereal (one of my favorites). Be sure to pick up the Organic Morello Cherry Preserves while you are there, chunks of cherries in a delicious jam.
- Fiesta was a blast and I found a new favorite food there: Funnel Cake at NIOSA. It came out so hot and was the right mix of sweet and crispy. So glad I waited in line for it!
- As you might recall, Chayito’s served up an amazing lunch. I went in this past Saturday and their breakfast was equally as impressive and just as cheap; I got the huevos rancheros with some ham. If you haven’t been there, get over to Chayito’s!
- Remember to download my Cascarone app for Easter and be sure to write a review and let your friends know! Cascarone now works for all devices with iOS 4.0 and above, so if you didn’t download before because you didn’t have iOS 4.3, give it a try now. Also I’m proud to say that Cascarone was featured in the Wall Street Journal, SA Express News, and La Prensa!