Dreary weather, sunshine, then cold front. This past week, the San Antonio weather has been up and down more than a musical chair contest. Without further adieu, here is the Quick Bites for the week:
- I’ve been enjoying some Furikake that was sent to me from my Hawaiian friends. The best way I can describe it is a bunch of random cereals (Chex and Honeycomb) with Bugles and Pretzels and seaweed. Very strange. It’s made in Hawaii by Cookies in Paradise.
- The chipotle enchiladas at Lula’s are solid. While I have known that the chilaquiles are my breakfast item of choice there, this dish is now my favorite for lunch.
- Local blogger Elizabeth, the Waspy Redhead, is looking for some slow cooker recipes (is that the same thing as a crock-pot?). Do you have any that you can send her?
- While the service at Fatty’s Burgers on the East side might be really slow (OK, like molasses in winter slow), enjoy your wait with the complimentary pinto beans that have a great spice to them. The bacon cheeseburger was delicious as well.
- The nonfood link of the week goes to Mental Floss which answers the question: How Did the Duck Hunt Gun Work?
Have a great weekend!